Ioanna Kokores is an Assistant Professor in “Monetary Theory and Policy” in the Department of Economics, School of Economics, Business and International Studies at the University of Piraeus. She received her Ph.D. in Economics from the Department of Economics of The University of Birmingham (UK) under a scholarship from the Greek State Scholarship Foundation awarded upon an annual national examination process. She holds a M.Sc. Economics from the Department of Economics of The University of Birmingham (UK), and a B.Sc. (Ptychion) Economics from the Department of Economics of the Athens School of Economics and Business (Greece).
Her research focuses mainly on issues concerning monetary policy and financial stability, the effects of choice under ambiguity in the functioning of the financial system and the conduct of monetary policy, and corporate governance in the banking sector. She has presented her research in international conferences in Europe and the US. In June 2017, the International Atlantic Economic Society (IAES) awarded her the academic distinction of the "IAES Member of the Month" for her contribution to research.
She taught at graduate and undergraduate level in the Department of Economics at the University of Birmingham (U.K.) courses in Principles of Economics, Econometrics with Financial Applications, Theory of Risk, Uncertainty and Investment and Environmental Economics, and she also supervised numerous M.Sc. dissertations in the above Department.
Undergraduate Courses Department of Economics
- International Trade |7th semester (core)
- International Monetary Relations | 8th semester (core)
- Selected Topics in Monetary Theory and Policy | 8th semester (elective)
- Accounting II | 4th semester (core)
- International Economics (lectures delivered in English under the curriculum on ERASMUS+ student exchange programme).
MONOGRAPH (REFEREED EDITION)
Kokores, I. Monetary Theory and Policy: Consensus Before and After the Global Financial Crisis. Cambridge Scholars Publishing Ltd, UK, forthcoming.
PUBLICATIONS (REFEREED JOURNALS)
1. Barrett, C.R., I. Kokores and S. Sen (2017). "Risks to Financial Stability and Monetary Policy: Rules or Discretion?". Theoretical Economics Letters, 7, 1043 - 1065, June.
2. Kokores, I., C. Kottaridi and P. Pantelidis (2017). "Intra Eurozone Foreign Direct Investment and Deflation". International Advances in Economic Research, vol. 23(2), pp. 217-229, May.
3. Barrett, C.R., I. Kokores and S. Sen (2016). “Monetary Policy Games, Financial Instability and Incomplete Information”. Annals of Finance, vol. 12(2), pp. 161-178, May.
4. Kokores, I. (2015). “Lean-Against-the-Wind” Monetary Policy: The Post-Crisis Shift in the Literature”. SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 65(3-4), pp. 66-99.
CONTRIBUTION TO INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE VOLUMES (REFEREED)
1. Kokores, I. and D. Yannelis (2019). "Competition, Ownership, and Profitability in the Banking Sector: A Dynamic Factor Analysis". Abstract Proceedings 87th International Atlantic Economic Society Conference, Athens, Greece.
2. Pantelidis, P. and I. Kokores (2018). “Long-Run Effects of FDI on Economic Activity”. Abstract Proceedings 14th Biennial Athenian Policy Forum, Athens, Greece.
3. Pantelides, P., Kottaridi, C. and I. Kokores (2016). “FDI in Deflationary Regimes: Evaluating recent EU experience”. Abstract Proceedings 81st International Atlantic Economic Society Conference, Lisbon, Portugal.
4. Barrett, C.R, I. Kokores and S. Sen (2013). “Financial Instability and Monetary Policy: Rules or Discretion?”. Abstract Proceedings 75th International Atlantic Economic Conference, Vienna, Austria.
5. Barrett, C.R, I. Kokores and S. Sen (2011). “Monetary Policy Games, Instability and Incomplete Information”. Proceedings of the Public Choice Society Annual Meeting 2011, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
6. Barrett, C.R, I. Kokores and S. Sen (2008). “Bubbles, Instability and Monetary Policy Games”. Proceedings of the Public Choice Society Annual Meeting 2008, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Spring semester 2019-2020
- Tuesday, 10:00-11:00 & 16.30-17.30