Professor Demetrius Yannelis is Chairman of the Department of Economics and Director of the M.Sc. Programme "Economic and Business Strategy" at the Economics Department of the University of Piraeus. He graduated from the Athens University of Economics and Business, received his Diploma from the University of Essex, his M.A. from York University in Canada and his Ph.D. from Queen’s University in Canada. He has taught at the University of Toronto, the University of Athens, the National Technical University of Athens and the University of Piraeus. He has participated in International Conferences, has published in international academic journals and has also published a textbook in Macroeconomics in Greek. He has served as a member of the Hellenic Competition Committee, a member of the Executive Council of the Center of Planning and Economic Research and an associate member of the Hellenic NARIC.
- Macroeconomics ΙΙ | 4th semester (obligatory)
- Public Enterprises | 3rd semester (elective)
- Labour Economics | 5th semester (elective)
- Logistics and Urban Development | 5th semester (elective)
- Economics II (Department of Industrial Managenet & Technology) | 2nd semester (obligatory)
M.Sc. Programme in "Economic and Business Strategy"
- Macroeconomic Environment & Enterprices |1st semester (obligatory)
- Economic Strategy & Competition Policy | 3rd semester (obligatory)
PUBLICATIONS (REFEREED JOURNAL)
1. "On the Stability of Non-Walrasian Equilibria", Economics Letters 21, 221-226, 1986.
2. "The Classical Dichotomy in the Walrasian System: A Critical Examination", Spoudai Journal of Economics & Business, 41, 135-146,(1991).
3. "Network Connection and Access Pricing in Practice: The Case of the Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation" (with P.Skayannis), Rivista Internationale di Scienze Sociali , CIII, 105-123, 1995.
4. "Interconnection Charges, Substitutability and Network Externalities: An Empirical Approach" (with C. Agiakloglou), Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung, 4, 441-445, 1996
5. "ISDN Services in Greece: Current Status and Future Prospects" (with H. Gaglia), Telecommunications Policy, Vol. 22, No.7, 609-615, 1998.
6. "Pricing Policy and Regulation in the Greek Telecoms Market", Telecommunications Policy, 22(10), 875-881, 1998.
7. "On the Simple Welfare Economics of Network Externalities", International Journal of Social Sciences, 28(3), 344-348, 2001.
8. "On Access pricing with network Externalities" Atlantic Economic Journal, 30(2), 186-190, 2002.
9. "Fiscal and Monetary Multipliers under Imperfect Competition", Interantional Journal of Social Economics, 31(7), 67-772, 2004.
10. "Estimation of Price Elasticities for International Telecommunications Demand" (with C. Agiakloglou), International Advances in Economic Research, 12(1), 131-137, 2006.
11. "Estimating the Demand for ISDN and ADSL Services in Greece" (with A. Christopoulos and F. Kalantzis), Telecommunications Policy, 33(10), 621-627, 2009.
12. "The Price Squeeze as a "wild-card" at the Hands of Competition Authorities: The Example of the Greek Broadband Internet Services Market" (with V. Brissimi), Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, 13(1), 2012.
1. On the Boundary between Keynesian Unemployment and Repressed inflation" (with. Tom McCurdy). Working Paper 8423, University of Toronto, 1984.
2. "Expectations Equilibria in a Fix-price Model". Working Paper 8416, University of Toronto. European Meetings of the Econometric Society Madrid, September 1984.
CONTRIBUTION TO COLLECTIVE VOLUMES
1. "The Greek Telecoms Market before and after Liberalization", (with H. Gaglia), in "Essays in Honour of Th. Skountzos" Piraeus 2006.
2. "On the Existence of a Temporary Unemployment Equilibrium" in . Abramovich, E. Avgerinos, N. Υannelis, Eds., Functional Analysis and Economic Theory, Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1998.
1. "Long-Run Dynamics in a Disequilibrium Macro Model". Canadian Economics Association, Vancouver, June 1983.
2. "Simultaneous Price-QuantityAdjustments in the Presence of Spillovers Across Markets" (with Tom McCurdy). World Congress of the Econometric Society Boston, August 1985
3. "On Non-Tatonnement Processes", (with E. Sambracos). International Symposium on Economic Modelling, Piraeus, June 1993.
4. "Information Pricing in Terminal Stations: The case of the Port of Piraeus". (with Ε. Sambracos). Seventh International Special Conference, International Federation of Operational Research Societies, Gethenburg, June 1997.
- D. Yannelis, Introduction to Macroeconomic Theory (in Greek), 4th Edition (ISBN: 9609239501), Athens 2013.
D. Yannelis and P. Pantelidis, Introduction to Economic Theory (in Greek) 1st Edition (ISBN 9789609360395), Piraeus 2014.
Spring semester 2018-2019
- Monday, 14:00-15:00
- Thursday, 12:00-13:00