Stamatina Hadjidima is Professor of Puclic Economics at the Economics Department of the University of Piraeus. She is also the Director of the M.Sc. Programme "Health Economic Management" hosted in the Department of Economics.
She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the Department of Economics of the University of Leicester, U.K. (1992), a M.A. in Economics of Public Policy from the Department of Economics of the University of Leicester, U.K. (1987), and a B.A. in Economics from the Department of Economics of the National University of Athens, Greece (1978).
She has long taught numerous courses in public economics at the Department of Economics as well as in other related Departments of the University of Piraeus. Her research interests lie in the fields of Economics of Public Expenditures, Taxation, Economics of Education, Human Resource Management, where she has published articles in international journals.
- Public Economics Ι | 5ο semester (compulsory)
- Public Economics ΙΙ | 6ο semester (compulsory)
- Special Issues of Public Economics | 8ο semester (elective)
- Public Economics - Department of Business Administration | 3ο semester (compulsory)
M.Sc. "Economic and Business Strategy"
- Human Resource Management and Development | 2ο semester (compulsory)
M.Sc. "Economics of Health Management"
- Human Resource Management | 1ο semester (compulsory)
- Project Appraisal in Health | 3ο semester (compulsory)
M.Sc. "Public and Economic Policy"
- Tax Policy | 3ο semester (elective)
PUBLICATIONS (REFEREED JOURNALS/BOOK CHAPTERS)
- Stamatopoulos, I., Hadjidema, S., and Eleftheriou, K., Explaining corporate effective tax rates: Evidence from Greece. Economic Analysis and Policy (forthcoming).
- Stamatopoulos, I., Hadjidema, S., and Eleftheriou, K., 2017. Corporate income tax compliance costs and their determinants: Evidence from Greece. In: J. Hasseldine (ed) Advances in Taxation 24, Emerald Publishing Limited, 233-270.
- Alexiadis, S., Eleftheriou, K., and Hadjidema, S., 2017. Health is wealth: An econometric study of the US States. Honorary Volume dedicated to Professor Emeritus George Economou, Greece, 579-586.
- Hadjidema, S., and Eleftheriou, K., 2013. A search theoretic approach on environmental taxation under productive differentials: A note. International Advances in Economic Research 19(2), 153-166.
- Panayiotopoulos, J-C., Petrantonakis, P.M., and Hadjidema, S., 2013. Some considerations on investments in irregular dynamic data spaces. International Journal of Multicriteria Decision Making 3(1), 55-64.
- Chanis, S., Tsamadias, C., and Hadjidema, S., 2013. The rate of return of social investment on post-secondary initial vocational education and training in Greece. International Journal of Education Economics and Development 4(1), 57-71.
- Hadjidema, S., and Pekka-Economou, V., 2013. Knowledge management as a strategic enabler for improved social and economic cohesion through a sustainable learning society. In: G. Szell, H. Sunker., A.I. Hilsen and F. Garibaldo (eds) Labour, Education and Society 31, Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, 65-82.
- Hadjidema, S., Eleftheriou, K., and Alexiadis, S., 2012. Punishing Erysichthon: A survey on the employment double-dividend effects of environmental taxation. In: S. Sunderasan (ed) Externality: Economics, Management and Outcomes, Nova Publishers, New York, 67-79.
- Pekka-Economou, V., and Hadjidema, S., 2011. The emergence of knowledge economy: Looking for the effects of education on modernization and competitiveness of organizations and firms. International Journal of Economic Research 8(2), 199-215.
- Pekka-Economou, V., and Hadjidema, S., Innovative organizational forms that add value to both organizations and community. The case of knowledge management. European Research Studies 14(2), 81-96.
- Hadjidema, S., 2010. Hospital Information systems: Costs and benefits of electronic medical record system. Essays in Honor of Late Professor J. Vartholomeos 2, 1247-1260 (in Greek).
- Korres, G., Kitsos, C., and Hadjidema, S., 2008. Female entrepreneurship and the national systems of innovation: A case study for Greek enterprises. Journal of Economic Asymmetries 5(2), 125-144.
- Hadjidema, S., 2007. Investigating the determinant factors of the agricultural sectors’ efficiency. Spoudai 57(3), 34-53 (in Greek).
- Efthymoglou, P., Hadjidema, S., and Pekka-Economou, V., 2006. Access pricing for electricity transmission system. Archives of Economic History 18(2), 165-176.
- Hadjidema, S., 2006. Investigating the impact of defense expenditures on economic growth: The case of Europe. Defensor Pacis 18, 15-23.
- Korres, G., Kitsos, C., and Hadjidema, S., 2005. Inside to the knowledge based economy: Looking for the effects of innovation and the entrepreneurship activities on regional growth. International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management 5(4), 165-178.
- Kitsos, C. P., Korres, G., Halkos, G., Hadjidema, S., and Hatzikian, Y., 2005. On the contribution of the women in Greece to the innovation procedures in Greek firms for the years 2000-2003. Monograph (in Greek).
- Hadjidema, S., 2002. The contribution of education to the economic growth. Spoudai 52(4), 156-165 (in Greek).
- Hadjidema, S., 2000. Privatizing public enterprises in Great Britain. Essays in Honor of Professor Marios Raphael, 865-874.
- Hadjidema, S., 1998. The higher education in Greece: Measuring the benefits and costs. European Research Studies 3, 5-18.
- Hadjidema, S., 1998. Rates of return on higher education in Greece. Spoudai 48(1-4), 157-168.
- Hadjidema, S., 1998. Returns to higher education: A review of the literature. Essays in Honor of Professor V.N. Sarsentis, 423-451.
- Hadjidema, S., 1997. The evolution of average personal income tax burden and the average net disposable income in Greece 1973-1993. Spoudai 47(1-2), 41-52 (in Greek).
- Hadjidema, S., 1997. Resource allocation in the Greek higher educational system. Essays in Honor and in Memory of Late Professor Emeritus Basil N. Metaxas, 423-431.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Tax evasion and the Laffer curve: Estimates for OECD countries (with C. Christou and K. Eleftheriou).
- Corporate tax evasion and search: A refinement of the Laffer curve (with K. Eleftheriou).
- Identification of the training needs of health care professionals in Greece (with I. Tsantili)
- Papageorgiou, P., and Hadjidema, S., 2003. Introduction to the Economics of Human Resources and Education. Stamoulis Publishing, Athens (in Greek).
- Gruber, J., 2017. Public Economics and Policy. Edited by S. Hadjidema, K. Eleftheriou, DaVinci Publications, Athens (in Greek).
Spring semester 2018-2019
- Wednesday, 16:00-18:00