Data Mining and Business Intelligence focuses on automatic data analysis and the extraction of information and knowledge. Over the last few years, data mining has become a crucial factor in the competitive environment and serves organizations at all levels, from operational decisions to the improvement of strategic planning.
The summer program in data mining and business intelligence will meet the obvious need for academic training in big data, business intelligence and data mining methods, especially for cyber security enhancement.
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev was founded in 1969, and established itself as one of the leading universities in Israel. Over the years, BGU has acquired an international reputation, and was ranked 18th in the QS ranking for Universities under 50.
In 2012, Israel’s Prime Minister declared that Beer Sheva and BGU are to become the country’s cyber security command center. Consequently, the Cyber Security Research Center and the Big Data Lab were established at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in 2013. These developments have transformed BGU, with its research centers and leading academic faculty, together with the Advanced Technologies Park, into an ideal environment for a summer program in these fields.
World-renowned professors and lecturers:
Prof. Yuval Elovici, Prof. Lior Rokach, Dr. Nir Nissim, Dr. Asaf Shabtai, Mr. Aviad Cohen, and Mr. Yisroel Mirsky.
Basic and Advanced Methods in Data Mining (3 credits)
Machine Learning-Based Solutions for Cyber Security Problems (3 credits)
Professional field trips, visiting the industry’s leading innovators, supporting organizations and additional figures of the data mining and Cyber Security ecosystem.
- Students in their third year of undergraduates studies or at any stage of their graduate studies in Information Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Industrial Engineering & Management with Robotics or Information Systems track. The student must have a GPA of 82 or 3.0 at least.
- English proficiency required.
- Personal Laptop (windows OS).
- Programming experience - advantage
- All applications will be evaluated by an admissions committee.
For video clik here.
More information you can find here.
Course dates: July 14th – August 8th ,2019
Application deadline: March 15th 2019
The program will be taught in the English language.