This Shipping Management Course is designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and competitive world of shipping. Just as the companies that will lead the way on quality will be commercial winners, the students who complete this Master we hope that will provide tremendous value to today's modern shipping companies.
You will gain solid insights of ship management, while equipping yourself with management tools for efficient decision-making, and the methods, concepts, and theories to enable you to understand and analyze in a holistic and multidisciplinary way, the complexities of the global Shipping industry.
By the end of the program, participants will be expected to:
- develop an ability to take decisions in time-pressured and unpredictable business situations
- develop an ability to think originally and autonomous in the shipping related business tasks
B. Knowledge and understanding
- understand the concept of shipping markets, demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the concepts, terminology, analytic techniques, theories and disciplines which underpin shipping business.
- be able to demonstrate an understanding of the techniques applicable to the postgraduate shipping research in order to apply them when developing and applying shipping strategies.
- be able to effectively synthesize important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of shipping as demonstrated through the successful development of a shipping business plan.
- develop an initiative and originality in shipping problem solving.
C. Cognitive skills
- design and undertake substantial investigations to address significant areas of shipping theory and practice.
- synthesize the academic experience in such ways in order to develop new insights into understanding creative ways and theories to solve shipping problems.
- develop, communicate and evaluate alternative ways of dealing with shipping problems.
D. Performance and practice
- work effectively with multiple teams
- develop an ability to make use of shipping concepts, ideas, collected data
- use data analysis and modeling to take information about the market equilibrium, market trends and company performance
- develop the willingness to take responsibilities and decisions in complex and unpredictable shipping situations
- apply effective plans and proposals, tailored to the needs of the shipping business
- map key performance indicators creating processes based on competitiveness
E. Personal and enabling skills
- plan, prioritize and organize time
- develop an ability to work effectively as a leader or member of a team
- collect, interpret and analyze data
- use the appropriate learning resources
- use application software for data analysis
- manage change and innovation in the workplace