Professor (Economic Analysis), University of Piraeus, Dpt. of Maritime Studies
Nonresident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution, USA.
1995-1996: NATO Post-doctoral Fellow, Center for European Studies, Harvard University, USA.
1993-1994: Post-doctoral Fellow, Center for European Studies, Harvard University, USA.
1991-1993: Doctorat (Economics), Dpt. of Political Economy, University of Paris VIII/Lumieres, France.
1987-1989: M.Phil. (Development Economics), Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, UK.
1983-1987: Diploma/Ptychion (Economics), Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Freight Markets - Economics of sea transport
Freight Markets - Economics of sea transport
Economics of Environmental Shipping
Economics of Marine Tourism
Positive Political Economy
- "Globalization or Regionalism? States, Markets and the Structure of International Trade", (with H. Papasotiriou), Review of International Studies, 28(3), 2002, 519-535.
- “The Saving - Investment Correlation in Greece 1960-1997: Implications for Capital Mobility”, (with A. Mastroyiannis), Journal of Policy Modeling, 6/7, 2003.
- «Trade Flows: A Facet of Regionalism or Globalization?, (with G. Chortareas), Cambridge Journal of Economics, 28(2), 253-272, 2004. Also, European Trade Study Group (ETSG) working paper 2001 (earlier version).
- "Deficits, Growth and the Current Slowdown: What Role for Fiscal Policy?", (with E. Desli), Journal of Post-Keynesian Economics, 26(3), 2004, 461-470.
- “Does Staffing Affect the Time to Dispose Cases in Greek Courts” (with M. Mitsopoulos), International Review of Law and Economics, 27(2), June, 2007. Also SSRN working paper No. 705366.
- “Rent-Seeking and Ex-Post Acceptance of Reform in Higher Education” (with M. Mitsopoulos), Journal of Economic Policy Reform, 10(3), 2007. Also SSRN working paper No. 954412.
- “Capital Mobility in Greece before and after Financial Liberalization”, Journal of Policy Modeling, 30(6), November-December 2008.
- “The Case for Abolishing the Higher Education State Monopoly System in Continental Europe”, (with M. Mitsopoulos), Journal of Economic Studies, 37(1), 2010, January. SSRN wp No. 703361.
- “Greek Appeal Courts’ Quality Analysis and Performance” (with M. Mitsopoulos), European Journal of Law and Economics. Vol. 30(1), August, 2010.
- “Trade Flows: A Facet of Regionalism or Globalization? A Rejoinder” (with E. Desli, G. Chortareas and P. Arestis), Cambridge Journal of Economics, No.2, 2012.
- “On the Greek Debt” (with E. Desli), International Papers in Political Economy, 2012, May.
- “The Role of Organizational Culture in Greek Businesses” (with T. Kriemadis and J. Kartakoulis), EuroMed Journal of Business , 7(2), 2012.
- -“GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS COME ALWAYS AFTER BIG CRISES. ARE BANKERS NEXT TO SPLIT FOLLOWING THE AUDITORS?” (with Y. Moutafidis) European Research Studies Journal, XV, 3, 2012.
- -“How safe are the Greek Banks in the current uncertain eurozone environment?”, World Policy Journal , ΧΧΧΙ, ΝοSummer 2014.
- -“Why Internal Devaluations Failed to Kick-Start an Export-Led Recovery in Greece?” (with M. Mitsopoulos), Challenge. Magazine of Economic Affairs, Nov. Dec. 2014
- -“Giving Greece a Chance to Succeed” (with M. Mitsopoulos), Intereconomics. Review of European Economic Policy , Spring 2015.
- “Greece’s New Agreement with Europe: Is this time different?”, (with P. Kazarian), Intereconomics. Review of European Economic Policy, Sept.-Oct. 2015.
- "Constitutional Design and Corruption” (with M. Mitsopoulos), European Journal of Law and Economics, vol. 44/1, Αugust
- “Efficiency in the Tax-Auditing. A Case Study of the Greek SDOE (Economic Crime Unit)”, (with A. Sarantis & M. Mitsopoulos), forthcoming, International Journal of Decision Sciences, Risk and Management, June 2017.
- “How to Damage an Already Fragile Economy. The Rise and Fall of Populism in Greece”, (with J. Palaiologos), Georgetown Journal of International Affairs, August 2017.
- “The Uncovered Interest Parity Puzzle. Evidence from four Major Currencies” (with A. Petsas), Regional Science Inquiry , June 2017.
- FINANCIAL INDICATORS AFFECTING STOCK PERFORMANCE. THE CASE OF CAPITAL PRODUCT PARTNERS, (with Α. Πανταζής), Regional Science Inquiry , Dec. 2017.
- “The Lessons Quebec Offers to Greece and Europe”, Managerial and Decision Economics, (with M. Mitsopoulos), 2018 forthcoming.
- Understanding the Greek Crisis. From Boom to Bust, MacMillan/Palgrave, 2011 Winter, Monograph. 2nd revised paperback edition with a new 12.000 words cpt. 6, March 2012 (with M. Mitsopoulos)
- “Taxing everything that moves! How heavy taxation and the lack of growth enhancing reforms led to deeper than expected recession in Greece”, in K.Dervis-J.Mistral, Europe's Crisis, Europe's Future, Brookings Institution Publ. May 2014 (with M. Mitsopoulos)
- Greece: From Exit to Recovery? The Brookings Institution Publ., June 2014, (with M. Mitsopoulos).
- Who's to Blame for Greece? Austerity in Charge of Saving a Broken Economy, Palgrave MacMillan 2015, November.
- Μέση Γη: Η Επιστροφή του Πολιτικού Κέντρου, 2017, Εκδ. Παπαζήση.
- Who's to Blame for Greece? How Austerity and Populism is Destorying a Country with High Potential, MacMillan/Palgrave January 2018.