- Marie-Curie Outgoing International Fellowship
(MOIF-CT-2004-509920), 5/2004-10/2005. Dr. M. Halkidi visited as a
PostDoc researcher the University of California, Riverside.
Participation in Research
- (2016-) datACRON: Big Data Analytics for Time Critical
Mobility Forecasting. [Source of Funding: European Commission].
- (2013-2015) ROADRUNNER: Scalable and Efficient
Analytics for Big Data. [Source of funding: co-financed by the European
Union (European Social Fund - ESF) and Greek national funds through the
Operational Program "Education and Lifelong Learning" of the National
Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF)]
- (2012 -2014) RECITAL: Resource Management for
Self-coordinated Autonomic Wireless Networks.[ Source of Funding:
co-financed by Greece and the European Union (European Social Fund),
through the Operational Program”Education and Lifelong Learning” ].
CON4COORD: Control for coordination of distributed systems. [Source of
Funding: European Commission].
- (1/9/2006-31/10/2008) FP6/IST-2005-33331: SQO-OSS -
Source Quality Observatory for Open Source Software. Leader of the work
package on data mining techniques. [Source of Funding: European
- (2001-2004) IST/FET/PANDA thematic network, Research
on Pattern Based DBMSs, EU Commission,
- (2002-2004) IST/FET-OPEN/DBGlobe: A Data-centric
Approach to Global Computing.
- (1999-2001) PENED: Research & Development
for Knowledge Discovery in Medical Data (with Medical School, Univ. of
Athens). [Source of Funding: General Secretariat for Research and